CD No. 1: [55:21]
1. Dragonfly Breath: Live at Zebulon [31:19] Paul Flaherty, Steve Swell, C. Spenser Yeh, Weasel Walter. Recorded at Zebulon, Brooklyn, NY by Weasel Walter, May 8, 2012.
2. Essakane [7:24] Magnus Broo, Ken Vandermark, Steve Swell, Joe Williams, Michael Vatcher. Recorded at Salao Brazil, Coimbra, Portugal by Joao Serigado Miranda, May 28, 2011.
3. Schemata and Heuristics for Four Clarinets No. 1 [8:09] Ned Rotherberg, Guillermo Gregorio, Miguel Malla, Zara Acosta-Chen, Steve Swell. Recorded at Park WestStudios by Jim Clouse, March 27, 2014.
4. News from the Upper West Side [8:29] Tom Bruckner, Steve Swell. Recorded by Steve Swell, January 28, 2014
CD No. 2 [1:01:46]
1. Splitting Up is Hard to Do [4:46] Steve Swell. Recorded by Steve Swell, September 25, 2012.
2. Live at the Hideout No. 1 [11:19] No. 2 [15:30] No. 3 [8:03] Guillermo Gregorio, Fred Lonberg-Holm, Steve Swell. Recorded at The Hideout, Chicago, IL by David Zuchowski, August 29, 2012.
3. Composite No. 8 [22:08] Darius Jones, Steve Swell, Omar Tamez, Jonathan Golove, James Ilgenfritz. Recorded at Roulette, Brooklyn, NY by Ben Manley December 6, 2012.
In Japanese culture KANREKI
is the celebration of one’s 60th birthday. It is a time of reflection of one’s past experiences and renewal of one’s energies while moving forward into a new chapter of one’s life with clarity and determination. This CD would not have been possible without all the musicians here, Marek Winiarski and the love of Barbara Manes. — Steve Swell